Need additional support to meet your goal?
Use these tips!
What does the money raised by Over the Edge benefit?
- The Over the Edge event benefits the Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma’s Give Storm Shelter Campaign to build a tornado shelter at our camp E-Ko-Wah property.
- Funds will enable construction of an above ground FEMA EF-5 rated shelter
How do I raise enough money to go Over the Edge?
- You can collect “online” credit card donations by sending your friends and family a link to your personal fundraising page. Setup your online donation “DonorPage” by visiting our event site at www.givestormshelter.org/overtheedge
- You can also collect cash and check donations by using the Monetary Donation Form in the back of the Edger Tool Kit. “Offline” donors should include your name in the memo line of checks, and checks should be made payable to Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma or GSWESTOK.
- Cash and check donations could be mailed to Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma up to one week before the event day. We do not encourage you to mail cash - - either drop it by our council office or get a cashier’s check to mail.
- Our office location: 6100 N Robinson Ave. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
How do I add “offline” donations to my fundraising page?
- If you receive cash and checks from donors, you can add these donations to your fundraising total by logging into the back end of your DonorPage.
- Next, hover over the “Top Donors” window and click the “Edit Donation Summary.” Finally, enter contribution into the “Offline Donations” and click “Save.” The donation will appear on your page and it will be counted in your total.
Is the $25 registration fee counted toward my fundraising goal?
- Yes! Essentially, you are contributing $25 toward your own goal and asking friends and family to help with the remaining. When you register, the $25 fee will be added to your fundraising page (this will not be instant, but will appear in a few days). When your fee has been added you will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org letting you know that Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma has confirmed your registration.
Are donations tax-deductible?
- Yes, all contributions and checks are tax-deductible. Our online contribution system will automatically issue your donors a receipt for their gifts. Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma will issue receipts to donors contributing by check. These receipts can be used as support for tax deduction.
What happens if I do not raise at least $1,000?
- Each individual participant must reach a minimum of $1,000 to go Over the Edge. Buddy Rappellers/ Toss Your Boss participants must reach the minimum of $2,500/$2,000 respectfully to go Over the Edge.
- If the minimum is not reached by 8 days prior to event day (August 14, 2014), to secure your spot on the rope you may provide a credit card that will be charged the remaining balance.
- If you cannot provide the remaining balance, you will still receive an Over the Edge T-shirt, but you will not have an opportunity to rappel.
- All contributions are non-refundable. If you need assistance in raising funds, we are here to help with ideas. Our community is very supportive of Girl Scouts and understands the importance of providing storm shelter.
For fundraising support or assistance with your personalized fundraising page, please contact Holly Johns with Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma: 405-418-7925 or email@example.com.