To Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma,
What an exciting year 2013 has been and we can’t wait to review and celebrate it with you! Our Annual Meeting offers a time to do just that – and do we have some things to celebrate and some huge plans to discuss. This packet will assist you in preparing for our 2013 Annual Meeting January 25, 2014.
We will be sharing important information with you at the meeting, including many successes and challenges we have faced over the past year. We also want to get your feedback on special projects we will be implementing in the next few years as part of our strategic plan.
We will be celebrating:
• The Mary Nichols’ Family Leadership Center for providing an excellent workplace and meeting space for staff, volunteers, girls and board!
• Burning the mortgage on the Mary Nichols’ Family Leadership Center when we were able to pay off the building!
• A successful cookie sale!
• Exceeding our budgeted fundraising goal!
• Completing a strategic plan that involved hundreds of girls, volunteers, community leaders, board members and staff!
• 5 Community Service Teams for their outstanding completion of Standards of Brilliance!
Last year, we came together at the 2012 Annual Meeting to discuss some of the most difficult issues confronting the Girl Scouts, and we did it with great courage, confidence and character. Our Strategic Learning Committee took your input and gathered even more data to help prioritize some of the concerns you expressed. Our team then presented your vision and Strategic Plan to the board.
Now we are in the midst of a self-prescribed, self-led transformation, one that is developing a culture that is customer focused and reinvigorating the Girl Scout movement for Oklahoma girls. While it will be a lot of work over the next three years, we believe we have a roadmap for the future that you will be proud to support. We’re excited to share the plan and gather your feedback!
The Board joins us in thanking our volunteers, staff, donors and community supporters of Girls Scouts of Western Oklahoma. With so many incredible people behind us along with a strategic plan to guide us, we know 2014 will be another great year for the Girl Scouts. We look forward to seeing you at Annual Meeting.
Yours in Scouting,
Shannon Evers Kay Goebel
Locations: Mary Nichols' Family Leadership Center 6100 N Robinson Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73118
Regstration Deadline: 1/22/2014
Contact for this event is Jaimie Siegal at 405-416-3406 or email: email@example.com